The newly released iPhone 3.2 SDK Beta 3 has revealed even more info on what is to come in the upcoming iPhone OS 3.2/4.0 for iPhone and iPad. In addition to supporting video conferencing through a front facing camera and external LED flash, the new firmware will also include built-in tools which will enable to do basic photo editing like crop and rotate directly on device without any third party app.
The three icon images in SDK: PLRotation_TueFeb23_200…2010.png, crop_TueFeb23_200851_2010.png and dashedPhoto_TueFeb23_20…010.png clearly indicates that the next iPhone OS will allow us to:
- Crop Image
- Rotate Image
- Select a region in image
iPhone OS 3.1.3 was released earlier this month which brought some important security and bug fixes for iPhones and iPod touches.
You may also like to check out:
- iPhone OS 4.0 Firmware Features
- iPhone 4.0 Firmware Spotted in the Wild
- iPhone OS 3.2 Confirmed Features
- iPhone OS 4.0 to Bring Contacts On Home Screen
- iPhone 4G to Feature Magic Mouse like Touch Sensitive Case?