Apple announced its iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 products yesterday and we’re almost more interested in the new MagSafe chargers than we are the phones themselves. Apple will have some of its own magnetic wireless charging accessories of course, but both Belkin and PopSockets are already teasing their own accessories, too.
PopSockets, according to a new TechCrunch report, will be using the MagSafe technology to attach its grips, making them easier to add and take back off when required.
However, a line of MagSafe-compatible PopSockets line would mean you wouldn’t have to worry about the product’s stickiness wearing off. As a result, users might be induced to buy more of these iPhone dongles — perhaps even accumulating a collection they can swap out at will, to match their outfits or mood.
It also means that users could forgo having to use a case with their iPhone — as iPhone 11 owners currently have to — in order to take advantage of PopSockets Grip.
There’s no saying when MagSafe-equipped PopSocket Grips will be ready to go, but we’re told that they’re on the way at least.
In terms of Belkin, the company has been working on a car vent mount as well as a 3-in-1 charger as Apple confirmed during its own announcement.
The BOOST↑CHARGEPRO MagSafe 3-in-1 Wireless Charger is designed to be ultra-convenient and ultra-fast providing up to 15W of wireless charging power, compatible with MagSafe. The BOOST↑CHARGE™ PRO MagSafe 3-in-1 Wireless Charger also provides 5W charging power for AirPods Pro and AirPods with Wireless Charging Case, and a wireless charging module for Apple Watch. It features a non-slip design to support device in portrait or landscape mode and is compatible with MagSafe cases up to 3mm thick.
The 3-in-1 charger will sell for $149.99 when it goes on sale this coming winter.
The car mount is an odd one, however. It seems that it won’t charge the iPhone but will instead just use the magnetic MagSafe connection as a mounting point.
The MagSafe Car Vent Mount PRO simplifies and enhances the in-car experience, providing a safe, convenient and stylish way to use iPhone 12 models on the road. The powerful magnet module uses MagSafe to keep the device in place while offering convenient view in portrait or landscape mode. The intuitive cable management keeps cable at your fingertips.
Buyers will pay $39.95 for the car vent mount when it, again, ships at some point this winter.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.