Here’s how to jailbreak iOS 14.1 and iPadOS 14.1 using the checkm8-based checkra1n jailbreak.
You’ll need a compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 14.1 or iPadOS 14.1 as well as a Mac computer.
We all know why we are here and what we want to achieve. So, with that in mind let’s dive right in and take a look at some important information in the first instance before we get to the actual jailbreak process.
Note: checkra1n 0.11.0 currently supports:
- Official support for iOS 12.0 – 13.7
- Official support for iOS/tvOS 14.0 (A8(X)-A9(X) running iOS and iPadOS; all tvOS devices are supported)
- Official support for Apple TV 4K breakout boards (Standard and Advanced)
Supported devices include:
- iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, and SE
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Pro 1st generation
- Apple TV 4 and 4K
- iBridge T2
The following devices aren’t currently supported but will be in a future update to checkra1n:
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPad 6th and 7th generation
- iPod touch 7
- iPad Pro 2nd generation
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and X
So, if you are looking to jailbreak, then here is the process that you will need to follow:
Step 1: Pick your browser of choice and head on over to checkra.in. Download the latest version of the jailbreak utility.
Step 2: Extract the DMG that you just downloaded and install it directly into the /Application folder on your Mac.
Step 3: If your Mac lets you know that it can’t open the app or that it can’t be trusted, follow the simple steps below to resolve the problem. Or, if everything opens as you would expect and no errors are thrown, then move to Step 4:
- Head into the System Preferences app and select the Security & Privacy option.
- Select “Open Anyway” followed by “Open” and enter your administrator password when prompted.
- Try to run the checkra1n app again and you shouldn’t have any issues. Just another hurdle that Apple wants you to overcome.
Step 4: Run Checkra1n and then move into the Checkra1n Options and check the “Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions” option. Select Back. This will allow you to jailbreak iOS 14.2 and iPadOS 14.2 unofficially.
Step 5: With Checkr1n still running, connect your device via a Lightning cable and then click the Start button and select OK.
Step 6: Select “Next” when it appears and then follow the instructions that are given directly in the checkra1n app. This will involve putting your device into the required DFU Mode needed to continue.
Step 7: As soon as DFU Mode is activated and detected, checkra1n will detect the device and start the jailbreak process. This will involve your iPhone or iPad rebooting a few times so keep in mind that this is normal and a required part of the process.
Step 8: When you are finally told that the process is finished, you can unplug the Lighting cable and tap the checkra1n app on your device to launch the app. Tap Cydia and then Install Cydia to complete the process.
And there you have it! You will be left with an iPhone or iPad running iOS 14.1 or iPadOS 14.1 with the iconic Cydia icon front-and-center!
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.