The release of HomePod firmware 15 update is one big example of a software release that might go under the radar – but probably shouldn’t.
With HomePod now running a forked version of tvOS we can at least be sure that it’s starting from a relatively solid base.
The new update for HomePod features ability to you let you select a single pair of HomePod mini as default speaker for your Apple TV, ability to enable media playback controls automatically appear on iPhone Lock Screen when a HomePod mini in nearby. Apart from this, you can now also set lower bass level to enjoy music without disturbing neighbors. You can also ask Siri to turn on your Apple TV thanks to this new update, start playing movie using Siri on tv, and even control playback on Apple TV.
The new update also lets you use Siri to automatically adjust its speaking level based on the room environment and volume of the users, ask Siri to control smart home devices at a specific time, extend access to HomePod throughout your home by enabling Siri voice control on compatible HomeKit accessories and also support for package detection with HomeKit Secure Video cameras.
The update is of course available for both HomePod and HomePod mini speakers, despite the former having already been discontinued.
In order to install this update, please check installation instructions here: How To Update Apple HomePod Software / Firmware To Latest Version.
Apple’s HomePod is a Siri-based home speaker with a 7-tweeter array and a unique Apple-designed 4-inch upward-facing woofer as part of the company’s plans to introduce high-quality sound into the home with immediate access to Siri. The HomePod mini is a smaller device and one that is substantially cheaper a just $99 each.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.132 ISO Beta Released With A New Snipping Tool And More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And Clean Install It, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 15 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 15 Download Final IPSW Links And OTA Update Released
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Fix iOS 15 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 15 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 15 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.