IKEA wants all technologists to meet one of its latest products, the Sjömärke. It’s a $39.99 charging pad that has been designed and developed in true IKEA fashion to solve a problem in a clever and intricate way and has been designed to work with existing furniture.
Most people are used to buying a Qi-compatible wireless charging pad or matt that sits proudly on top of a desk or other surface waiting eagerly to charge a compatible smartphone or accessory.
The Sjömärke is a little different with IKEA really looking to see how they could introduce something similar but that would be hidden in plain sight and that would remove clutter from a desk.
With all of that said, the new Sjömärke is a seven-inch by three-inch charging device that has been manufactured from plastic and aluminum that attaches the underside of a wood or plastic work desk to send an electrical charge to a device married up to the same location on top of the desk. With that type of design, the Sjömärke is entirely hidden under the desk but it’s still possible to charge a compatible smartphone or accessory by simply placing it on top of the desk.
As long as the Sjömärke is mounted to the underside of a desk or shelf that is plastic or wood, it should be able to safely send an electric charge to the smartphone on the surface with IKEA recommending a desk or shelf thickness of between three-eighths and seven-eights of an inch in thickness. Obviously, due to the need to send an electric charge through the surface, this isn’t going to work with hugely thick surfaces.
The Sjömärke is provided with a six-foot power cable, the charger itself, and a set of stickers to mark the charging location to ensure that the smartphone is placed in the right position to receive a charge. It can also be secured to the underside of the desk with screws but these aren’t provided in the package. IKEA is selling this beauty of a design for just $39.99.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.132 ISO Beta Released With A New Snipping Tool And More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And Clean Install It, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 15 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 15 Download Final IPSW Links And OTA Update Released
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Fix iOS 15 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 15 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 15 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.