You are no doubt already familiar with the process for updating your iPhone, iPad, or even Apple TV, but with the HomePod receiving its first software update today, it’s likely that many people are not aware of how to get iOS 11.3.0 onto their new(ish) smart speaker.
The process, as it turns out, is actually pretty simple, but as always, if you don’t know what to do, it’s difficult to do it.
That’s where we come in, because the last thing you want to have to do with something that should make your life better is to fight to get an updated version of its software onto it. If you have a HomePod, and need to update it now or at any point in the future, here’s the process you need to follow.
Step 1: On your iOS device, open the stock Home app.
Step 2: Select the “Home” tab from the bottom.
Step 3: Now tap on the arrow in the top-left corner of the screen.
Step 4: Scroll down and under SPEAKERS, you should find Software Update section. Tap on it.
Step 5: Now, if there is an update available for your HomePod, it will be listed here. If an OTA update shows up, just hit the Install button and you’re off to the races.
That’s all there is to it; once the process completes, your HomePod will be all updated and running the latest version of the OS, just as Jony Ive would want.
You can, of course, set your devices to automatically update, too, should you prefer to just let the system work its magic silently. I like to know exactly when updates are being applied, but it’s your choice entirely.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.3 Jailbreak: Here’s What iPhone And iPad Users Need To Know
- PUBG Mobile White Screen Problem Fix For iPhone 5s Now Available
- Check iOS 11.3 Final Release Notes, Features, Changelog All In One Place Here
- Download iOS 11.3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Of Final Version Right Here
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.3 On Your Device [Guide]
- Fortnite 3.4 Patch Notes For Mobile Update And Other Platforms Released, Here’s What Is New
- PUBG Mobile 0.3.3 APK Download For Android, iOS Update Released, Here’s What Is New
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3 / 11.2.6 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]