Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Inc. in his keynote address at WWDC 10 (World Wide Developers Conference) has announced the much awaited iPhone 4. After a long presentation about the number of apps downloaded from iTunes, number of iPads sold, some new enhancements to iPad, and the new development tools and corporate features that the phone’s updated operating system, "iPhone 4.0," will support, Jobs finally got to the details about the next-generation phone that has been leaked with tons of rumors for months.
Image via Engadget
Here is what’s new in the newly announced iPhone 4.
– Glass front and back
– Front facing cam for video conferencing
– 5 megapixel camera with LED flash
– 720p HD video recording
– 960 x 640 resolution (the highest for any iPhone yet!)
– Gyroscope (3-axis)
– Gyro + accelerometer provide 6-axis motion sensing
– Rotation about gravity
– Apple A4 chip
– 32 GB of Storage
– Dual mic suppression
– 802.11n WiFi
– 300 hours of standby battery time
– 3.5-inch screen
and more as they come…
The new iPhone 4 is not immediately available.
You may also like to check out:
- iPhone 4G / HD Technical Specs Summarized
- iPhone OS 4 vs Android 2.2 vs Windows Phone 7
- This is how the Next iPhone 4G / HD is going to look like with iPhone OS 4
You can follow me on twitter or join our facebook fanpage to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google and Apple.