Apple has today launched the 2020 MacBook Air, lowing the starting price to just $999 while also making the machine twice as fast.
It’s also the first time that the company has offered a quad-core processor in its cheapest notebook computers.
Apple’s refreshed computer starts at $999 unless you’re part of the education system, in which case it sells for $899. The company says that we can expect a machine that is twice as fast with up to 80% faster graphics processing power. You’ll get 256GB of storage right out of the gate, and there’s still the 13-inch Retina display that we’ve become accustomed to. Touch ID remains, too.
More importantly or tons of people, Apple says that the refresh also brings with it the new Magic Keyboard, ditching the awful and always-failing butterfly keyboard that everyone hated oh so much. That could be enough to make some people upgrade all on its own, but the processing power should be a popular improvement as well.
Offering quad-core processors for the first time, MacBook Air now delivers even more speed across everyday activities, from organizing photos and creating presentations to editing videos. Featuring the latest 10th-generation Intel Core processors up to 1.2GHz quad-core Core i7 with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.8GHz, MacBook Air delivers up to two times faster performance when compared to the previous generation. And with Intel Iris Plus Graphics, MacBook Air now delivers up to 80 percent faster graphics performance, so graphics-intensive activities like playing games and editing video are faster than ever.
With the standard 256GB storage very welcome, buyers can opt to swap that out for a cool 2TB if that’s more their style. It’ll cost, but so will all of the upgrades. And with a starting price now lower than it was before, we could argue that you’ll be winning regardless.
The newly updated MacBook Air is available to order online today.
Alongside new MacBook Air, Apple has also taken the opportunity to update Mac mini with updated specs and double the storage for same starting price as 2018 model.
Whether they are using it as a desktop computer, a music and movie storage hub for the family, or as a code compile server for Xcode, customers love Mac mini. The standard configurations of Mac mini now come with double the storage capacity. The $799 configuration now comes standard with 256GB, while the $1,099 configuration features 512GB of storage, and every Mac mini is made from 100 percent recycled aluminum.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4 Beta 5
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.