Apple today announced new iPad Pro refreshes as well as a new Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro, but buried deep in the announcement post Apple also outed the release date for iPadOS 13.4, and, presumably iOS 13.4, too.
The big date is March 24, with Apple noting that this is also the update that will bring trackpad support to the iPad lineup.
That in turn means that anyone wanting to connect a trackpad to their iPad won’t need to buy a new one – they can use their existing tablet instead.
iPadOS 13.4 with trackpad support will be available on March 24 as a free software update for all iPad Pro models, iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, and iPad mini 4 and later.
Trackpad support will be available on any iPad running iPadOS 13.4, and work with Apple’s Magic Mouse 2, Magic Trackpad 2 and the Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro. Third-party mice connected over Bluetooth or USB are also supported.
This update is also the one that will add support for the new Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro, although that isn’t going to be available for a few weeks yet.
The iPadOS 13.4 update doesn’t just add support for trackpads, though. It also changes the way on-screen elements react when they are hovered over. Apple seemed to really want to avoid just turning the iPad into a Mac, and it’s clear the whole interface will take touch-based characteristics into consideration.
This video by Benjamin Mayo illustrates the point best.
This cursor behaviour is not like a PC. It’s like a hybrid of focus engine and normal mouse pointer. Super interesting. pic.twitter.com/BC0tAhdJEZ
— Benjamin Mayo (@bzamayo) March 18, 2020
This is definitely an improvement over the accessibility features that Apple added in iPadOS 13, that’s for sure.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4 Beta 5
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak