Here’s how to jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 and iPadOS 13.3.1 final using checkra1n, complete with step-by-step instructions guide.
Checkra1n 0.9.8 has just been released offering with the inclusion of the highly anticipated support for iOS 13.3.1; previously the current king of the jailbreaks was limited to supporting iOS 13.3 and older firmware.
That was simply no good for those who wanted to be running Apple’s latest release whilst still maintaining their liberation. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at what you will need to proceed:
- An iPhone or iPad powered by Apple’s A5-A11 chipsets (keep in mind that iPhone XR / XS / 11 / 11 Pro are not yet supported by checkra1n).
- Access to a Mac or a machine running Linux. We’re promised that Windows support is coming soon.
- The latest iTunes version, but if you’re running macOS Catalina, you won’t need it as Finder now has this integrated.
- The latest version of the checkra1n jailbreak app, available from here.
And now, here’s the good bit; the jailbreak process:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or Linux machine and simply launch the checkra1n jailbreak app. This is the easiest start of any jailbreak process.
Step 2: Now, once your connected device is detected by checkra1n, hit the provided Start button, followed by selecting the Next button to get this process well and truly underway.
Step 3: The next part is all about that lovely DFU Mode that we all know and love. The checkra1n app will provide you with instructions on how to put the connected device into DFU mode. Unfortunately, this is a necessary step in order for the jailbreak process to move to the next stage.
Follow the instructions provided by checkra1n. If those steps are difficult to follow, then you can find our own instructions on how to put your device into DFU mode here:
- iPhone 8 / 8 Plus, iPhone X / XR / XS / XS Max / 11 / 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max, or 2018 iPad Pro owners can follow this guide.
- iPhone 7 / 7 Plus owners: Enter DFU Mode On iPhone 7 Or iPhone 7 Plus, Here’s How
- If you have an iPhone 6s / 6s Plus or any other iPad, then follow the instructions here.
Please do note that in the case of failing the DFU mode step, the jailbreak process will simply fail, so you will have to try again.
When the device has been successfully put into DFU mode, checkra1n will begin the jailbreaking process. After a moment in time, the device will respring and you will be left with the checkra1n app on your Home screen.
Step 4: Now, launch the checkra1n app, and you will see the brand-new Loader screen. Here, select Cydia to get it installed to your device. The device will go through yet another respring and leave you with the beautiful Cydia app running on your device.
Alternatively, you can check out our video tutorial below on how to jailbreak iOS 13.3.1:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
And there you have it. That wasn’t exactly painful, was it? Enjoy your device freedom!
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Download: iOS 13.4 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.4 Beta 1 Released
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download Checkra1n iOS 13.3.1 Jailbreak IPA, Here’s How [0.9.8 beta]
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak