Despite recent updates to Checkra1n that added support for iOS 13.3.1 as well as Linux support, there is still something missing that tons of people are waiting for. That thing is, of course, support for Windows, and while it still isn’t quite ready, we do now at least get to see it in action.
That’s after Rax Mashat shared a video of it working on Windows at the BlueHat IL conference. He then shared the whole thing via Twitter along with a disclaimer: while the tool is being worked on right now, it isn’t yet ready to be released to the public.
Despite the fact that Checkra1n isn’t yet ready for primetime, the arrival of a video showing it functioning should be good news for those who are waiting to be able to jailbreak from a Windows machine.
It’s heartening to see that Checkra1n for Windows is indeed being worked on, and while we’ve known that for a while it’s always good to see something in video form. It’s also been a few months since the Mac version was released, leaving some wondering whether a Windows alternative would ever see the light of day.
Now, at least, those concerns should be somewhat allayed. As ever, it’s now a case of sitting back and waiting for the team behind Checkra1n to get the tool into a state where they’re comfortable with releasing it into the world.
Checkra1n for Windows first demo!!
Won’t be released today pic.twitter.com/MgTA2spWk3
— Raz Mashat (@RazMashat) February 5, 2020
If you just can’t wait, there is an alternative for Windows in the form of Ra1nUSB.
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.4 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.4 Beta 1 Released
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download Checkra1n iOS 13.3.1 Jailbreak IPA, Here’s How [0.9.8 beta]
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.