MuscleNerd of iPhone Dev Team has teased a little video which shows off the upcoming PwnageTool in action. This new version of PwnageTool is based on Geohot’s Limera1n bootrom exploit which will allow us to restore custom cooked firmwares (without the upgraded 05.14.04 / 2.10.4 basebands) on almost all the current iOS devices, including: iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS (new bootrom), Apple TV, iPad and iPod touch 4G / 3G. This will enable us to unlock iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS using the current version of Ultrasn0w so that we can use the phone on any carrier we like!
Here is the video of it in action. You can see MuscleNerd restoring his iPad to a pre-iOS 3.2.2 custom firmware.
This new version of PwnageTool is expected to drop this Sunday. iH8sn0w has already confirmed that Sn0wbreeze 2.1 (aka PwnageTool for Windows) will be released a few days after PwnageTool for Mac is out. Stay tuned as we will let you know as soon as these two tools are available for public consumption.
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 3G / 2G, and iPad 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Unlock iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak (PwnageTool, Redsn0w), Unlock and Downgrade iOS 4.0.2 [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w, Ultrasn0w, PwnageTool, GreenPois0n, and, SHAtter [Downgrade]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.2 with PwnageTool, Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze [Downgrade]