George Hotz’ dramatic re-entry into the iOS jailbreaking scene has left many surprised, and certain people shattered (pun intended). In the hailstorm of all this iOS 4.1 jailbreaking news, jailbreak developer iH8Sn0w has announced that he will be releasing a new version of Sn0wbreeze for Windows (similar to PwnageTool for Mac) which will be based on Limera1n’s bootrom exploit.
Will be pushing out http://ih8sn0w.com/anditbegins.png a few days after PwnageTool is out. @MuscleNerd can we talk?
The next version of Sn0wbreeze, as with previous versions, creates custom firmware files which allow you to upgrade your iPhone to a new custom firmware without messing with your baseband so you can use Ultrasn0w to unlock the phone and use it with any carrier you like.
It will release after PwnageTool for Mac is out. We’ll update you as soon as that happens.
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 3G / 2G, and iPad 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Unlock iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak (PwnageTool, Redsn0w), Unlock and Downgrade iOS 4.0.2 [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w, Ultrasn0w, PwnageTool, GreenPois0n, and, SHAtter [Downgrade]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.2 with PwnageTool, Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze [Downgrade]