The new Items tab which is rumored to be part of Apple’s new ‘Find My‘ app in iOS 13, but which has previously been hidden away in the codebase, has now leaked for the very first time.
This Items tab is said to form part of Apple’s plan to release a Tile-like tagging product, with each Apple tag presumably showing up in the Items tab of the app.
Apple’s revamped Find My app, which is available with the recent iOS 13 release, contains People and Devices tabs on the bottom tab bar. Within the People tab, it is possible to see the location of connections who are sharing their location. In Devices, it’s a similar story with the ability to see devices which have the ‘Find My’ functionality enabled and which are connected to the same iCloud account. Now, the hidden Items tab has been exposed and it’s reasonable to assume that this section will be reserved to display the location of any physical goods which are tagged with Apple’s brand new Tile-like product.
When accessed, the leaked screenshots show that the Items tab will feature a similar design to the People and Devices tabs in that there will be a map at the top of the interface sitting above a list of any items which are deemed to be associated with the signed-in user’s account. The ‘Me’ tab, which is currently in the production version of the app, will be relocated to the top-right corner and will be accessible via a button sitting over the top of the map.
The new Apple hardware has been codenamed B389 internally and is speculated to be a physical Bluetooth-based tagging product that can accompany small items to keep track of their location. When released, it’s likely that we will refer to these as Apple Tags rather than B389.
Tile has proven itself to be extremely popular with consumers since launch, especially with incremental improvements such as crowdsourced pooling of location data using the Tile network. We can only imagine that Apple will be attempting to release something which will transcend that service on day one.
It’s also likely that Apple will look to augmented reality in the future to enhance the Apple Tags product offering. The only question now is when will Apple actually make an official announcement about this product?
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone Released
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Fix iOS 13 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 13 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Fix iOS 13 Problems, Crashing Apps Issue And Other Bugs
- Fix iOS 13 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- Download iOS 13 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS, Max, XR, X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, SE, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 13 Could Not Activate iPhone Activation Error After Update, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 13 No Service Issue After Upgrade, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Photos Camera Roll Missing?: Check “All Photos” Section