Here’s how you can fix iOS 13 OTA Update Requested stuck issue on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device.
With iOS 13 now finally available for download, everyone is rushing to hammer those update servers as hard as possible. But while some people are already able to get their Dark Mode on, others are finding that things doing always go according to plan. If you’re stuck with a device that seems to be stuck having requested the update, you’re not alone.
Thankfully, there are some things that can be done in such a situation. None of it is particularly scientific and at times it might feel more like witchcraft, but if it works, who cares? Not us!
Here are some of the things you can try if your device isn’t playing ball.
Restart Your Device
It might seem old fashioned, but you’d be surprised how often restarting something can make it work properly. If your update is stuck, try restarting your iPhone or iPad and try again. You never know.
Try A Hard Reboot
If that doesn’t work, a hard reset may be needed. To do that, the steps depend on the iPhone in hand. Follow our guides for the iPhone XS / XS Max / XR/ X / 8 / 8 Plus here: iPhone X Tips: How To Turn Off, Reboot, Hard Reset / Force Restart iPhone X. If you have an iPhone 7 / 7 Plus, follow the steps in our guide here: Hard Reboot / Restart iPhone 7 Or iPhone 7 Plus, Here’s How. Older iPhone users can check out our guide for instructions here: How To Hard Reboot / Restart Your iPhone, iPad Or iPod touch.
Update Via iTunes Instead
Plugging our iPhones and iPads into a computer might feel like something from the dark ages, but sometimes we just have to do it. If you’re finding that doing an OTA update isn’t working for you, iTunes might be a better option. Sorry about that.
Wait It Out
When big new software updates are released, Apple’s servers often struggle to manage the load. If that’s the case, sometimes the best course of action is to simply sit it out and try again later. No, it’s no fun, but it’s better than banging your head against a brick wall while nothing happens.
You may also like to check out:
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Fix iOS 13 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13 GM IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone
- iPhone 11 Vs iPhone 11 Pro Vs 11 Pro Max Vs XR / XS / Max [Specs Comparison]
- iOS 13.1 Beta 3 Profile File Download Link Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 3, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone, iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13 GM Profile File Download Link For OTA Update, Why Is it Not Available?