Here’s how you can install WhatsApp Web on your iPad thanks to the release of iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 beta.
With the release of iPadOS 13 later this year Apple is making one huge change to Safari that is going to make it much more useful for many people.
That change is the move to make Safari behave like a desktop web browser, ensuring websites provide the full experience rather than a cut down mobile version. One byproduct of that is the fact you can now use the WhatsApp web interface on an iPad, too.
The reason that’s so interesting is the fact that WhatsApp and Facebook appear determined not to release an iPad app for the messaging service. That’s a mistake in our opinion, but until they come to their senses you can use the web interface instead.
For this to work you’ll need to have iPadOS 13 installed, either by waiting until later this year to install the final release or by taking the public beta for a spin.
Once you’re all up and running, the process is pretty simple.
- Visit web.whatsapp.com on iPad’s Safari browser and scan the QR code using WhatsApp app on your iPhone. The web page explains how.
- Once the page refreshes and you can see all of your messages tap the “Share” icon in Safari and then tap “Add to Home Screen” to finish up.
- Now whenever you want to use WhatsApp on your iPad, just tap the new icon on your Home screen and you’re good to go.
There’s a lot more to look forward to with iPadOS 13 but this is one of the best additions we’ve come across.
Making Safari act like a full desktop class web browser is something that shouldn’t have taken this long to happen, but now it’s here we’re loving it.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 Public Beta And Install The Right Way, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Profile Download Along With iPadOS 13, tvOS 13 And macOS Catalina Released To Testers
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Download Release Date Announced Along With macOS 10.15, tvOS 13 Public Betas
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 13 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13 Beta 1 For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]