You may remember that last week we told you about a new app that allowed users to AirPlay content natively from their iPhone or iPad and straight onto a compatible Samsung TV without the need for an Apple TV to sit between the two. Now we have another new version of the app, this time dedicated to doing the exact same thing but with LG TVs instead.
In light of the brand of TVs that the app supports, AirBeamTV is calling it “Mirror for LG TV” as it brings you iPhone and iPad straight into the living room.
The app uses new ReplayKit APIs to make this magic possible. There are, unfortunately, the same limitations in place that we discussed with regards to the version that was released last week for Samsung TVs. Chief amongst those is the fact that DRM content cannot be played via the app, so that means the likes of Netflix are out of the equation.
“Last week we released the iOS app for Samsung TV”, says Jan van Ottele, co-founder and CEO. “Today, I am pleased to announce that our development team has finalized the LG TV version of the Mirror app for iPhone and iPad. There are numerous apps in the App Store that you can use to send photos and videos to LG TVs, but this is the only app that will allow you to mirror exactly what is on the screen of your iPhone or iPad to TV.”
On top of that, using Safari as a workaround isn’t possible because there is no sound transmitted when using the web browser. On top of all that, there’s a noticeable lag between what happens on the iOS device and what appears on-screen, so things like games are not really suited to Mirror for LG TV, either.
There will of course still be plenty of people who have a use case for needing to get an iOS screen onto a big-screen TV without using an Apple TV, and both this and Mirror for Samsung TV app that we told you about last week, will be great for those people. If you are one of those people, and have an LG Smart TV from 2012 or over, Mirror for LG TV app can be downloaded from the App Store right now, costing $4.99.
If you’re not sure how to set up the app for Mirroring on your LG TV, it’s pretty easy as it integrates directly into the iOS 11 Control Center natively. Check out this short video tutorial on that to get started.
You may also like to check out:
- iCleaner Pro iOS 11 IPA Download On iPhone [No Jailbreak Required]
- Halow Live TV Kodi Addon Not Working In 2017? Fix It By Installing It The Right Way
- Pokemon Go 1.49.3 IPA And 0.79.3 APK Hack Available To Download Now
- Download ISO: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 16299.15
- Download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool MCT 10.0.16299.15 For Fall Creators Update
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.0.3 / 11 To iOS 10.3.3 / iOS 10 [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11, 11.0.3, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.0.3 / 11.0.2 / 11.0.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.