You can now download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool MCT 10.0.16299.15 for Fall Creators Update 1709. Here are the details.
Microsoft is officially going through the process of rolling out the fourth major Windows 10 update today, starting from 10 am Pacific Time. That rollout will see the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update onto the machines via Windows Update of individuals all over the world with a set of new features designed to improve productivity and make all compatible devices more secure.
This rollout will be a gradual one from Microsoft’s perspective, but worry not, as you can effectively force the upgrade in many ways, one of which is by using Media Creation Tool. Let’s take a look at how to get MCT, as well as a brief high-level overview of how to actually use it to perform an in-place upgrade.
Step 1: First and foremost, you are going to need to have possession of the correct installation file for the Media Creation Tool for your computer, which you can get from here:
Step 2: This will go through the very quick process of downloading the MediaCreationTool.exe file to your machine. In case you didn’t know what to do with a .exe file, you are going to need to double-click on it to launch.
Step 3: It will first present you with applicable notices and license terms which govern the use of the Media Creation Tool as a software. Make sure you select Accept to agree to those terms and to progress. You will then have two options on how to proceed. As an in-place installation for upgrading your existing install while keeping all your files and settings in place, select the Upgrade this PC now option. Alternatively, if you are interested in getting ISO file for bootable flash drive in order to clean install, then you need to select the second option.
Step 4: Select Next to continue and then make sure that Keep personal files and apps is selected to preserve the sanctity of your data during the update process. Select the Install button to begin once you see the Ready to install page.
The tool will then go through the process of upgrading the machine to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, and will preserve the files and settings on the device as per the chosen option.
You may also like to check out:
- Windows 10 Update Assistant Download For Fall Creators Update Released
- Download ISO: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 16299.15
- Download Windows 10 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Windows 10 Product Key And Activation: How To Find It And How It Works
- How To Create Bootable Windows 10 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.0.3 / 11 To iOS 10.3.3 / iOS 10 [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 11, 11.0.3, 11.1 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.0.3 / 11.0.2 / 11.0.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]