Tesla has confirmed that its hotly anticipated Cybertruck EV won’t begin production until 2023 at the earliest. The company’s CEO Elon Musk said that both the Cybertruck and Roadster will be ready “hopefully next year” during a quarterly earnings call.
Tesla appears to be concerned that by introducing two new vehicles now it would see its overall production capacity take a hit, according to a report by The Verge.
Concerns over making the vehicle affordable are also holding production back. That would suggest that the original starting price of $39,900 is no longer attainable.
When asked about what else is holding back the Cybertruck besides battery production, Musk said that the pricing and what people are willing to pay for the included tech is the main issue “How do we make the Cybertruck affordable?” he said. The Cybertruck originally had a starting price of $39,900 at its unveiling event in 2019.
Musk also told people on the call that it is not currently working on an electric car that would fit inside the $25,000 price band despite saying for years that a more affordable EV is something Tesla aims for as the costs of battery production falls.
“At some point we will. We have enough on our plate right now,” Musk added. “Too much frankly.” Near the end of the call, Musk was asked about how Tesla plans to sell more cars without a more affordable option — to which Musk responded “If the price of our cars do not change at all, we would still sell all that we can make.”
The news that the Cybertruck has missed a 2022 launch window should come as little surprise. It was supposed to reach market within two years of its 2019 announcement and now it looks like Tesla buyers will be lucky to get one on the road by the time four years are up.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.3
- Jailbreak iOS 15.3 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.