A number of references to unreleased iPhone models have been discovered in a Russian-language filing with the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC). The regulatory filing in the EEC database has been discovered by French site Consomac and points to Apple imminently releasing a number of new iPhone models in the near future.
All Apple models released into the public domain come equipped with a model number. As an example, Apple’s current flagship, iPhone X, ships with model numbers A1865, A1901, and A1902, all of which have subtle differences for the territory that they are shipped into.
This particular regulatory filing unearths a slew of new models, including A1920, A1921, A1984, A2097, A2098, A2099, A2101, A2103, A2104, A2105, and A2106, none of which are matched with iPhone models currently available in any market. This would lead us to believe that Tim Cook’s company is on the verge of some additional releases in the Eurasian market.
The published EEC filing is clearly in place to satisfy the demands placed on manufacturers by the Russian authorities to register all devices which contain or offer encryption or cryptographic toolsets. We already know how secure data is on Apple’s iPhone devices running iOS 11, which means that Apple’s smartphones definitely need to be registered in this fashion to fully satisfy those governmental requirements in that region.
As far as EEC filings are concerned, the database has already proved itself useful as far as uncovering new devices is concerned. The new 9.7-inch iPad 6 models (Wi-fi Only & Wi-Fi + Cellular) introduced during Apple’s Field Trip event were uncovered thanks to the EEC. It’s this precedent which leaves us to believe that the aforementioned iPhone models could filter into the market this coming May or June.
Given the timing of the filings, it’s unlikely that any of the model numbers refer to the upcoming three new devices slated for September of this year.
It’s far more likely that Apple is planning a refresh of iPhone SE to include wireless charging and appeal to the entry-level market who aren’t looking to spend exorbitant amounts of money on a new device. This particular device model hasn’t received a big refresh in over two years, but that could all be about to change, especially with WWDC just around the corner.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.3 Jailbreak Update: Root Shell Access Achieved On Latest Firmware
- iOS 11.4 Public Beta 4 Download Of IPSW, OTA Links Now Available
- PUBG Mobile 0.4.0 APK Download Update And iOS English Version Has Been Finally Released
- PUBG Mobile 0.4.0 Patch Notes For English Global Android Final Version Posted Online
- iOS 11.4 Beta 2 Release Notes And Changes: What’s New In This Release?
- Fortnite 3.5.1 Jailbreak Detection Bypass Progress: Here’s What Is Known So Far
- Download iOS 11.3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Of Final Version Right Here
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3 / 11.2.6 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]