We all know that technology can be used for the greater good, but it can also be used for dirty, underhand things as well. Cheating at exams is now another thing technology can be used for, specifically Apple’s FaceTime.
According to a news report by Channel NewsAsia, FaceTime and skin-colored Bluetooth earpieces were used by Chinese students during exams late last year, with a private tutor promising a pass in English, Physics, Chemistry and Math exams in exchange for $9,000.
Tan, who had also registered for the GCE O-Levels as a private candidate, would sit for the exams as well. She had an iPhone attached to the front of her blouse with scotch tape and wore a jacket to hide it. Once the exam had started, Tan would connect via FaceTime with the principal, Poh and Feng, who were stationed at Zeus’ premises, giving them a live feed of the exam questions. At the tuition centre, the trio would scramble to find answers to the questions, then call each of the six students and read the answers to them.
Students would go into exams with the Bluetooth earpieces and an iPhone on their person, receiving calls from the tutor who would then give them the answers to questions with the aim of achieving a passing grade. The whole thing came crashing down when one student was caught.
This went on from Oct 19 to Oct 24, 2016, when an invigilator noticed “unusual sounds” coming from student Chen Yi, who was sitting for English Paper 1 at Tampines Secondary School.
As expected, the student was then taken aside.
He was taken aside after the exam and asked to remove his vest, under which a mobile phone was found. A Bluetooth device and a skin-coloured ear piece were also found on him.
Subsequently, Tan Jia Yan pleaded guilty to no fewer than 27 counts of cheating and presumably exam officials will now be on the lookout for anyone wearing an earpiece when they shouldn’t be.
(Source: Channel NewsAsia)
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.3 Jailbreak Update: Root Shell Access Achieved On Latest Firmware
- iOS 11.4 Public Beta 4 Download Of IPSW, OTA Links Now Available
- PUBG Mobile 0.4.0 APK Download Update And iOS English Version Has Been Finally Released
- PUBG Mobile 0.4.0 Patch Notes For English Global Android Final Version Posted Online
- iOS 11.4 Beta 2 Release Notes And Changes: What’s New In This Release?
- Fortnite 3.5.1 Jailbreak Detection Bypass Progress: Here’s What Is Known So Far
- Download iOS 11.3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Of Final Version Right Here
- Jailbreak iOS 11.3 / 11.2.6 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]