It’s probably fair to say that Apple’s iPhone 13 launch hasn’t gone as smoothly as it might have helped. Between issues specific to the iPhone 13 itself and issues that are caused by iOS 15 across all devices, things haven’t been great.
Now, it appears that some iPhone 13 owners are suffering from a bug that’s specific to CarPlay.
According to people reporting the issue across social media, Apple’s support forums, and more, CarPlay seems to crash when someone tries to play music via Spotify, Apple Music, or any other app.
The issue appears to be specific to iPhone 13 as well, with one user saying they had no issues running iOS 15 on an iPhone 12 before upgrading.
I had an iPhone 12 with iOS 15, everything was working fine and dandy. I upgraded to iPhone 13 and now music does not play using CarPlay when I am using either Spotify or Apple Music. I have a 2018 Audi and I use lighting to connect to CarPlay. When I click on a song either using Spotify or Apple Music my CarPlay app shuts down. CarPlay works and does not shut down when I use Google maps or Apple podcasts. But as soon as I click on a song Apple CarPlay just shuts down.
@AppleSupport my iPhone 13 mini is basically unusable with CarPlay. Is this an issue others are having?Whenever I start music from any app, CarPlay crashes.
— SP (@lod777222888) September 29, 2021
@AppleSupport Are you aware of any issues with CarPlay not working with iOS 15 on the iPhone 13? I can see everything, yet when I try to play Apple music or even make a call, it disconnects. It Happens in more than one car. Thanks.
— e breazy™ (@IKeepsItBriel) September 28, 2021
While no concrete fix has been made available, some users report that resetting their network settings does the trick. Others have suggested that disabling all EQ settings works, too.
Apple already has a fix in the works for an issue that prevents Apple Watches from unlocking iPhone 13 models. It now looks like it has another problem to add to the mix, too.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.132 ISO Beta Released With A New Snipping Tool And More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And Clean Install It, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 15 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 15 Download Final IPSW Links And OTA Update Released
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Fix iOS 15 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 15 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 15 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.