Apple’s iOS 15 release has had its fair share of problems with bugs appearing left and right. That’s to be expected during the beta process, but some of those bugs have popped up since its public release.
One of those bugs could see people lose photos, which is obviously a bad situation to be in.
The issue appears to be one that relates to photos that have been received and saved via iMessage. The problem appears when someone deletes the iMessage thread, proceeding to perform an iCloud backup following which the photo is then deleted, too.
The bug itself is easy to reproduce, too, according to MacRumors.
- Save a photo from a Messages conversation to your Camera Roll.
- Check to see that the photo has been saved.
- Delete the Messages conversation the photo came from. The photo will still be in your iCloud Photo Library at this point.
- Perform an iCloud Backup, and the photo disappears.
The fact this issue is still present in the latest iOS 15.1 beta 2 release is troubling and it would suggest that Apple’s unaware of the issue or, more worryingly, is unable to fix it easily.
For now, we’d suggest that people avoid deleting iMessage conversations until Apple fixes this bug for good. Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later and before people lose important photos.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.132 ISO Beta Released With A New Snipping Tool And More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And Clean Install It, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 15 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 15 Download Final IPSW Links And OTA Update Released
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Fix iOS 15 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 15 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 15 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.