iOS 13.1 CPU throttling for battery is coming to iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR today. Here are the details on it.
Apple will release iOS 13.1 on Tuesday, September 24th and along with it the iPhone XS and iPhone XR will gain the processor throttling feature that proved controversial back in 2017.
When the feature was first discovered, Apple was accused of slowing iPhones down to drive sales of new ones. In reality, Apple uses the feature to slow the processors of devices whose batteries are incapable of providing enough power to keep those chips running at full pelt. For that reason, you might notice slowdowns, although only if your battery is particularly aged.
Newer iPhones, including the iPhone XS and iPhone XR, have improved battery and power-monitoring hardware, but that isn’t enough to stop them from suffering from poor batteries.
If you find that your device is being throttled and that your battery is sub-optimal, you can have it replaced by Apple for $79. If you don’t plan on upgrading your device, that might be a good idea all around. Not only will your iPhone have better performance, but it will also last longer on a single charge. That’s about as strong a win-win as you’re likely to find for less than $80.
If you’d rather use it as an excuse to buy a new iPhone, Apple’s iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max are now on sale around the world. Stock is currently limited, however, depending on the color and storage configuration you’d prefer.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone Released
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Fix iOS 13 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 13 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Fix iOS 13 Problems, Crashing Apps Issue And Other Bugs
- Fix iOS 13 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- Download iOS 13 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS, Max, XR, X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, SE, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 13 Could Not Activate iPhone Activation Error After Update, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 13 No Service Issue After Upgrade, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Photos Camera Roll Missing?: Check “All Photos” Section