Mere days after the Senate Commerce Committee chairman asked Apple to provide additional information on why it is slowing down older iPhones by throttling CPU performance, four more U.S. House Republicans have also joined the bandwagon.
They have all sent a letter to CEO Tim Cook regarding the issue and asking further questions about the situation.
According to Reuters, one of those who signed the letter was Greg Walden, chair of the House Energy and Commerce Committee. Specific details about what was in the letter have not been disclosed, although it is understood that it was sent to Tim Cook personally and appears to demand more information about how Apple “slowed older iPhone with flagging batteries.”
Four U.S. House Republicans, including the chairman of the Energy and Commerce Committee, on Friday wrote Apple chief executive Tim Cook asking him to answer questions about its disclosure that it slowed older iPhones with flagging batteries.
In relation to the battery situation that Apple currently finds itself in, the letter also raises concerns about reports that a Swiss Apple Store was evacuated earlier this week, with emergency services called to deal with smoke that was being puffed out by an overheating battery. Since Apple moved to reduce the price of battery replacements on older iPhones, there have been multiple reports of older batteries experiencing issues when being swapped out, with emergency services being required.
The questions being asked of Apple and Tim Cook should come as no surprise. While it is clear that things appear to be going a little awry with regards to the whole battery and CPU throttling mess, Apple is always an easy target for politicians trying to get their names in headlines.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Electra iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak Toolkit IPA For iPhone Or iPad
- iOS 11.2.5 Beta 5 IPSW / OTA Download Released, Here Are The Details
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.2 To iOS 11.2.1 Or 11.1.2: Here’s What You Need To Know
- iOS 11.2.2 Release Notes, Changelog And Security Content: Here’s What Has Changed
- Download iOS 11.2.2 IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 / 11.2.5 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.