Earlier this month we saw Google I/O become the latest event to be canceled, but Google had good news – it would be moving the whole event online instead. We didn’t know exactly what form that would take, and now we’ll never know after Google canceled that, too. Thanks, coronavirus.
That means that for the first time in a good long while there will be no Google I/O either online or in-person. That’s bad news for developers who wanted to get in on whatever Google has planned during 2020 and early 2021.
Following California’s shelter in place directive, Google was left with little choice. While certainly a different proposition to pulling thousands of people together, an online event would still need a considerable amount of planning and production. And with Google’s Californians not able to do that anymore, canceling was likely always in the cards.
All eyes will now be on Microsoft and Apple. Both have canceled their physical developer events in Build and WWDC respectively.
But we don’t yet know whether plans for a streaming alternative will be hampered by further developments. Microsoft isn’t in California, so it has that advantage. Apple, famously, is.
A #GoogleIO update: Out of concern for the health and safety of our developers, employees, and local communities — and in line with “shelter in place” requirements by the local Bay Area government — we sadly will not be holding an I/O event in any capacity this year. (1/3)
— Google Developers (@googledevs) March 20, 2020
We’ll be keeping an eye on developments as the days and weeks progress, but it isn’t looking great for WWDC at the moment. It isn’t due to take place until June, however, and almost anything could happen between now and then.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 GM IPSW Links, OTA Profile Along With GM Of iPadOS 13.4, watchOS 6.2, tvOS 13.4 & macOS 10.15.4 Beta 6
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.