As had been expected, Apple has confirmed that it will be holding its WWDC event this coming June and that it will be held online.
Many had assumed that Apple wouldn’t get thousands of people together for the event as it normally would because of the ongoing coronavirus situation. And Apple confirmed that this year’s WWDC would be in “an all-new online format”.
Now in its 31st year, WWDC 2020 will take on an entirely new online format packed with content for consumers, press and developers alike. The online event will be an opportunity for millions of creative and innovative developers to get early access to the future of iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS, and engage with Apple engineers as they work to build app experiences that enrich the lives of Apple customers around the globe.
Apple hasn’t yet said when the event will take place, other than the vague “June”. We also don’t know exactly what format this will take, but with Apple holding everything online it’s unlikely that we will see the same level of developer interaction that has been a staple of past events. Apple does give the impression that the new format will take into account the 23 million developers that need information on what they will be working on for the next twelve months.
The WWDC 2020 program will provide Apple’s entire global developer community — which now includes more than 23 million registered developers in more than 155 countries and regions — and the next generation of app developers with the insights and tools needed to turn their ideas into a reality. Additional program information will be shared between now and June by email, in the Apple Developer app and on the Apple Developer website.
None of this should come as a surprise to anyone who has seen the sheer volume of similar events that have either been canceled or moved online. Limiting the number of people attending conferences like WWDC is an important part of trying to ensure coronavirus is brought under control as soon as possible. Apple is already doing its part by canceling Today at Apple events and closing Italian Apple Stores. Moving WWDC online is just the next logical step.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4 Beta 5
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page