Owners of older LG TVs from 2016 and 2017 can now install a new Apple TV+ app for easier streaming. Oddly, the app doesn’t include access to iTunes movies and TV shows, however.
While most smart TVs have been given access to an Apple TV app, this one is different and instead carries the Apple TV+ branding. That means that the app can only stream content from Apple’s streaming service.
The news was first spotted by FlatpanelsHD.
Apple’s official list of supported devices has not been updated to reflect the fact but LG has confirmed the news. The app is now available from LG’s content store in many regions, according to user reports in Germany, Nordics, and Poland.
It isn’t clear why these particular TVs don’t have access to the content that people have bought or rented from iTunes but it does appear to be a conscious decision rather than any sort of bug.
I was pleasantly suprised to see an Apple TV+ app available on my 2016 LG B6 when I launched the LG Content Store. @Flatpanels @MacRumors @9to5mac pic.twitter.com/inE0kvmEgM
— Bartłomiej Wiśniowski (@Bartewski) October 1, 2021
For now, anyone who wants to watch iTunes content is still better picking up a new Apple TV or maybe using this as an excuse to upgrade to a new TV — that definitely sounds like the approach we’d be taking!
Apple TV+ is Apple’s movie and TV show streaming service that runs $4.99 per month and hosts hit shows like The Morning Show and Ted Lasso. Apple TV+ is also part of the Apple One subscription bundle, too.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.0.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.0.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 15.0.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.