Fans of dark mode who also happen to use WhatsApp on the web or desktop are going to be in for some good news – WhatsApp now supports dark mode on both of those things for the first time.
WhatsApp made the announcement via a new blog post yesterday, simply saying that the “incredibly popular Dark Mode theme now extends to your computer.”
WhatsApp is already used and loved by more than 2 billion people around the world. While our focus remains on providing a simple, reliable and private way for people to chat with friends and family – we also continue to push forward our product design to make sure WhatsApp remains the most useful way for anyone, anywhere to connect.
Whether you’re seeing the feature just yet will depend on where you are located but we do know that it is in the process of rolling out to everyone. WhatsApp also shared screenshots of the new interface, offering a glimpse at the new dark theme that those on desktop machines can now look forward to using.
Similar to the dark mode option in the WhatsApp mobile apps, the desktop and web interfaces aren’t black as such, but rather a variation on different shades of gray. That’s a great look and one that isn’t quite as black as other dark themes we’ve come across.
In addition to Dark Mode, WhatsApp also rolled out a couple of more exciting features, and you can read about them here.
Give us a shout in the comments to let us know how you are getting on with the new dark mode. Is it dark enough for you?
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Profile And iPadOS 14 Beta 1 For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- iOS 14 Beta 2 Profile Download Release Date Expectation
- Download: iOS 13.6 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File, Beta 3 Of iPadOS 13.6 Out Now
- iOS 13.5.1 Downgrade No Longer Possible After Apple Stops Signing iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Firmware
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.5.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.