In a move that will surely please people who have been calling for it for years, Tesla has announced that it is extending the use of its cabin camera to allow it to do more monitoring of the car’s interior.
Today, as Electrek reports, Tesla has already begun to roll out a software update that expands existing driver monitoring capabilities that will cause a chime to sound when the camera believes a driver is not paying attention.
The feature is specifically designed to ensure drivers are attentive when Autopilot is engaged.
The cabin camera above your rearview mirror can now determine driver inattentiveness and provide you with audible alerts, to remind you to keep your eyes on the road when Autopilot is engaged. Camera images do not leave the vehicle itself, which means the system cannot save or transmit information unless you enable data sharing.
Tesla is also offering drivers of its cars the chance to see and control whether data from the in-cabin camera is used, with a new setting available via the Controls > Safety and Security > Data Sharing options.
Teslas are perhaps the cars with the most sensors and cameras in and around them and it’s only recently that the internal cabin camera has begun to be used to its fullest. This latest move is an example of Tesla expanding the camera’s use beyond its original requirements.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.132 ISO Beta Released With A New Snipping Tool And More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Beta 8 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone And iPad
- iOS 15 Beta 8 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- iOS 15 Beta 5 Download Expected Release Date
- Download: iOS 14.7.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.7.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 14.7.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.7.1 And iPadOS 14.7.1 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.