While talk that the Apple Watch Series 7 has been delayed continues to swirl, we have been expecting some new health sensors as as part of that package. Well, the reliable Mark Gurman believes that might not be the case this year.
However, WSJ points out that while that may not happen this year, the wearable remains “at the center of Apple’s health ambitions”. One of the features that Apple is reportedly working on is some form of blood pressure monitoring, although it won’t be capable of providing any specific blood pressure readings.
The version of the feature under discussion at Apple would try to show users how their blood pressure is trending, but without providing a baseline measure of systolic and diastolic blood pressure, according to people familiar with these plans. Some employees have raised questions to managers about how useful such a feature would be, the people said, though they cautioned that the feature is still in development and could change.
While there has been no release window put on that, Apple Watch Series 8 is now being spoken about as the one that will gain new sleep tracking features that will include the ability to track sleep patterns and sleep apnea. One issue that has long hampered Apple’s sleep tracking efforts has been battery life, but it’s hoped the company will find a fix for that in due course.
Another sensor that has long been rumored is a blood sugar sensor. The report claims that Apple is “struggling” to make that work. Apple is thought to be keen to measure blood glucose levels without the need for any intrusive testing and it’s that which is likely causing problems.
Finally, body temperature is another feature that Apple is now said to be working on for Apple Watch Series 8. That’s something that has become more important thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, with people having their temperatures taken much more regularly than they have in the past.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.132 ISO Beta Released With A New Snipping Tool And More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Beta 8 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone And iPad
- iOS 15 Beta 8 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- iOS 15 Beta 5 Download Expected Release Date
- Download: iOS 14.7.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.7.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 14.7.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.7.1 And iPadOS 14.7.1 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.