Tesla has updated its iPhone app to add support for the iOS 16 Lock Screen widgets that we’ve all been playing around with over the last few weeks. In the case of the Tesla app, users can now put two different widgets on their Lock Screen.
While there are two widgets, they both do the same thing. Available in both large and small widgets, the Tesla offering simply shows the current charge level and whether your car is charging or not.
That might not sound like a lot, but it’s arguably the main piece of information that drivers of electric cars might want. Those who own an iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 14 Pro Max will of course also see this information even when their iPhone’s screen is turned off, too.
The latest iOS Tesla app update also adds another new feature, with people now able to quickly unlatch their Model 3 and Model Y driver’s door remotely, without touching the car itself.
Quick control to unlatch Model 3 or Model Y driver door, helpful if door handle is frozen.
However, Tesla does not that your car will need to have vehicle software 2022.36 or later installed in order to take advantage of that particular feature.
The updated Tesla app is now available for download from the App Store and if you have auto updates turned on you might already have it.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1 Beta 4 Released As Public Launch Nears
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.0.3 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iOS 16.0.3 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.