Here’s the iOS 16 compatible and supported devices chart to help you determine if your iPhone or iPad device will actually be capable of installing and running iOS 16 final version.
Apple’s big iOS 16 update is now official and we know exactly which big new features we will all be making use of when it’s finally released. That doesn’t mean that everyone will be able to actually use them, unfortunately, with Apple now ready to remove some devices from the list of those that are supported.
Apple has been pretty good at ensuring older devices continue to be supported by its latest iOS releases, often keeping the same support as the previous year.
That’s going to change with iOS 16, however, with a number of devices set to lose compatibility meaning iOS 15 will be the last big update they receive.
With that in mind, here’s a list of the devices that will support iOS 16.
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 11
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPad Pro (5th generation)
- iPad Pro (4th generation)
- iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro (1st generation)
- iPad Air (5th generation)
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad (9th generation)
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini (6th generation)
If you’re using a device older than that, you’re unfortunately out of luck. Maybe this is a good time to consider updating to a newer device?
You may also like to check out:
- Best iPhone 14 Plus Screen Protectors You Should Order Today [List]
- Best iPhone 14 Plus Case List For Maximum Protection
- Jailbreak iOS 16 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Final Release Date Announced, Here’s When You Can Get It
- Download: iOS 16 RC IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone Released
- iOS 16 RC Profile File Download Of OTA Update Without Dev Account Released
- Download iOS 16 RC IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus, iPad [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.