Apple has warned customers picking up new iPhones and iPads today that they might struggle with Apple Music problems in the future — but only if they restore from an iCloud backup.
According to a new support document spotted by MacRumors, Apple says that users need to install a day one patch to make sure that the issue isn’t a problem further down the line.
Otherwise, Apple Music settings, catalog, and more might not function correctly.
If you restore your new iPhone or iPad from a backup, you might not be able to access the Apple Music catalog, Apple Music settings, or use Sync Library on your new device. To resolve this, update your new iPhone or iPad.
The issue relates to iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max as well as the 9th generation iPad and 6th generation iPad mini. Users are told to install the software update to ensure everything goes smoothly.
Notable, that new software update runs at just a few hundred megabytes and makes no mention of the bug that it fixes. Still, we’d suggest that users install the new update as soon as possible — even if they didn’t restore from an iCloud backup. You’ll just be bugged by iOS to install it sooner or later anyway.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.132 ISO Beta Released With A New Snipping Tool And More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And Clean Install It, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 15 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 15 Download Final IPSW Links And OTA Update Released
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Fix iOS 15 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 15 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 15 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.