Kodi 17.5.1 For Android Released To Fix Startup Crashes
Kodi 17.5.1 APK download for Android has been released to fix startup crash issue of version 17.5. Here are the details.
Fans of Kodi who use an Android device may have noticed that after installing version 17.5 yesterday, they experienced an issue that made the app unusable.
That is, the app would simply crash immediately when trying to start it. That’s the kind of show-stopping bug developers have nightmares about, and thankfully the folks behind Kodi have been able to quickly push an update out in double quick time, fixing the issue for those impacted because of it on Android. The new release, numbered as version 17.5.1, is only available for Android devices as the 17.5 startup issue only occurred on Android devices and does not offer anything new beyond the important fix.
“IMPORTANT: If you are having issues with Android v17.5 update please redownload the “v17.5.1” version.”
We told you yesterday about what you can expect from Kodi version 17.5 and the same very much goes for this release, save of course for the bug squashing that makes everything work as it should again. Be sure to check out our full post on the latest big release of Kodi, but the big improvements are:
– Joysticks: Fix accelerometers preventing screensaver
– More robust way of handling audio output on variety of Android devices
– Fix playback of DVD file over network on Linux
– Update to FFmpeg 3.1.11
– Fix up and down buttons on ir remotes with macOS High Sierra
– Added latest apple devices to allow retina support
– Fix not being able to add content manually to videolibrary
– Fix power message handling for CEC
– Fix jumping timeline while switching channel groups in Guide window
Of course, none of that matters if the app will not launch so top marks to the folks at Kodi who have been able to get this updated version 17.5.1 release out and into the hands of users so quickly.
You can download Kodi 17.5.1 APK for Android devices from here.