The wait is over. You can now download the final version of Kodi 17.5 APK, IPA / DEB files for Android, iOS respectively, as well as for macOS, Windows and other platforms.
Initially released as Nightly builds back in August, followed by Release Candidate (RC) builds in September, Kodi 17.5 is mainly a bug fix release which aims to provide a smoother Krypton experience until final version of 18.0 Leia arrives sometime later this year, or early next year.
As far as changes go, Kodi 17.5 Krypton includes fix for joystick’s accelerometers preventing screensaver from coming up, better audio output on Android devices, fix for DVD playback over Linux network, FFmpeg update to version 3.1.11, IR remotes fix for High Sierra, among other bug fixes and under-the-hood performance improvements. You can checkout the full official changelog of Kodi 17.5 below:
– Joysticks: Fix accelerometers preventing screensaver
– More robust way of handling audio output on variety of Android devices
– Fix playback of DVD file over network on Linux
– Update to FFmpeg 3.1.11
– Fix up and down buttons on ir remotes with macOS High Sierra
– Added latest apple devices to allow retina support
– Fix not being able to add content manually to videolibrary
– Fix power message handling for CEC
– Fix jumping timeline while switching channel groups in Guide window
If you are running an older of version of Kodi Krypton, we recommend updating to this latest version for smoother experience.
You can download the Windows, Mac and Linux version of Kodi 17.5 from kodi.tv/download. For convenience of iOS and Android users (including those with Fire TV range of devices), we have IPA and APK files of Kodi 17.5 ready for download from here.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi Android Installer App Addon: How To Download And Use It [Guide]
- iOS 11.1 Beta 5 Changes, Release Notes, Changelog: What’s New?
- Download iOS 11.1 Beta 5 IPSW Links On Your Compatible Test Device
- BoB Unleashed Kodi Addon Not Working? Here’s How To Install It The Right Way
- SNES4iOS iOS 11 IPA Download On iPhone [No Jailbreak Required]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1, 11.0.3 Links & Install On iPhone 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1 / 11.0.3 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.