Jailbreak update: iOS 9.3.3, 9.3.2, 9.3 to 9.2 jailbreak is out. Pangu works on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, 6, 6 Plus, 5s, SE, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 1, iPad mini 4, 3, 2 and 6th-generation iPod touch model. iPhone 5, 5c, 4s, 32-bit iPad and iPod touch devices are not supported.
To get started with jailbreaking your compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device using Pangu’s latest tool on a supported firmware version number, here’s everything you need:
- Get iOS 9.3.3 from here: Download iOS 9.3.3 IPSW For iPhone And iPad [Final Version]
- Get PP (Chinese) jailbreak tool for iOS 9.3.3 from here: Download Pangu iOS 9.3.3 / 9.3.2 Jailbreak For Windows
- Get Pangu (English) jailbreak tool for iOS 9.3.3 from here: Download Pangu iOS 9.3.3 Jailbreak For Windows, Mac, Linux [English Version]
- Tutorial Pangu (Windows/Mac): How To Jailbreak iOS 9.3.3 On Windows Or Mac Using Pangu And Cydia Impactor [English]
- Tutorial PP (No computer required): How To Jailbreak iOS 9.3.3 Using Safari [No Computer Required]
- Tutorial PP (Windows): How To Jailbreak iOS 9.3.3 On iPhone 6s, 6, 6s Plus, 6 Plus, 5s, iPad, More [Tutorial]
- Tutorial PP (Mac): Jailbreak iOS 9.3.3 On Mac OS X With Pangu For Windows [How-To Tutorial]
- Re-jailbreak after reboot: Re-Jailbreak Pangu / PP On iOS 9.3.3 After Reboot, Here’s How
- Re-sign certificate after expiry: Re-sign / Renew Pangu Or PP iOS 9.3.3 Jailbreak Certificate After 7 Days, Here’s How
- Troubleshooting guide: Fix iOS 9.3.3 Jailbreak Errors: Cydia Crashes, FaceTime Not Working, More [FAQs And Guide]
- Compatible tweaks: iOS 9.3.3 Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks For iPhone And iPad [List]
Here’s how the jailbreak came into being: Last public jailbreak was released for iOS 9.1 devices by Pangu back in March this year. Since then, Apple has released a number of firmware updates, including point updates for iOS 9.2 and iOS 9.3.
Apple released first beta of iOS 9.3.3 back in May 2016. Shortly after it was released, Luca Tedesco successfully jailbroke it and demonstrated his jailbreak on video, just like how he has done previously for some other iOS 9.2.x and iOS 9.3.x firmwares. Later, Luca also showed off JailbreakMe-style browser-based jailbreak on iOS 9.3.2. But as has always been the case with Luca, he made it clear that his jailbreak is for his private research purposes only and he would not release it to public.
In June 2016, Apple unveiled iOS 10 and followed it up with a beta release for developers and testers. Luca Tedesco confirmed that his 0day exploit which worked on iOS 9.3.x has been patch by Apple in iOS 10, as a result, he made his exploit public to let anyone with deep knowledge on jailbreaks to create a public jailbreak for iOS 9.3-9.3.3 devices.
In early July at MOSEC 2016 conference in Shanghai, the China-based Pangu Team demonstrated iOS 10 jailbreak. The team also hinted at a jailbreak coming soon for iOS 9.3.2/9.3.3 devices.
After five beta releases, Apple released final version of iOS 9.3.3 to public in mid July. Less than two weeks after iOS 9.3.3 was released, Pangu dropped a new jailbreak that worked on 64-bit devices (iPhone 6s/6s Plus, iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPad mini 2/3/4, iPad Air 2/1, 12.9/9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPod touch 6G) running iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3 firmware. It’s a semi-untethered (sometimes also called as semi-tethered) solution, meaning you will have to run an app on device (not computer) to get your device back into jailbroken state after every reboot.
There are multiple methods to jailbreak with Pangu’s latest solution. We have covered them all in detail in separate articles here on RP. All of these tutorial articles, download links, and more are linked at the top of this page.
Here’s our video showing how the jailbreak works with Pangu/Cydia Impactor:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
Update x1: Apple has now released iOS 9.3.4 which has patched this jailbreak by Pangu.
Update x2: iOS 9.3.5 is now available to download. Read the follow up to this article on the state of jailbreak for iOS 9.3.4 and iOS 9.3.5 here: Jailbreak iOS 9.3.5 / iOS 9.3.4 For iPhone And iPad [Status Update].
As a prequel to this article, you may wanna read through our previous jailbreak status update posts for iOS 9.2.x and iOS 9.3-9.3.1 firmwares here:
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 9.3.5 IPSW For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch [Direct Links]
- Want To Downgrade iOS 9.3.5 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch? Here’s What You Need To Know
- Download iOS 9.3.4 IPSW For iPhone And iPad [Direct Links]