Apple has always been able to boast that its flagship iPhones hold their value well, but the fact that Samsung’s own high-end devices fare so poorly in the used market is something else entirely.
Did you know that some Galaxy S22 devices lose half their value just weeks after you open the box?
That’s what used device sellers SellCell found out when looking at the value of popular iPhones and Android phones to see which held their value best. And while the iPhone holding value isn’t a surprise, the rate at which some Samsung phones saw their value disappear is startling.
Using internal smartphone value data, SellCell has analysed depreciation values (since launch) of Apple, Samsung, and Google’s flagship handsets. It has considered the trade-in value of all lines in each range (iPhone 13, Samsung Galaxy S22, and Google Pixel 6) based on the resale value of phones in “like new” and “good” condition. SellCell collected the data across months one and two since launch, to compare depreciation, and to see which brands hold their value. SellCell is the US’ No.1 price comparison site for selling phones, so constantly monitors the value of these handsets across 40+ independent buyers.
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra in 1TB guise saw its value fall 52% in just a month, while the 128GB version lost almost 58%. That’s a lot of money! By contrast, Apple’s 1TB iPhone 13 Pro Max saw its value fall just 23% in the same timeframe. Both devices were classified as ‘Like New’.
So there we have it — if pure value is what you’re looking for, and you’re someone who sells or trades in your old phone, the iPhone is definitely the way to go!
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 15.4.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- Download: iOS 15.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Files Along With iPadOS 15.4.1 Released
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.