Now that Apple has released iOS 15.0.2 with new security fixes, people might be wondering whether it will have any negative impact on their devices’ battery life. That might seem unlikely on the face of it, but we’ve seen some pretty catastrophic shows from Apple’s iOS updates in the past. But what about iOS 15.0.2?
That’s something YouTuber iAppleBytes set about answering, putting a slew of devices through their paces.
The following devices were tested; iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone SE 2020, and iPhone 13.
iOS 15.0.2 was released as expected on October 11th 2021. Just 10 days after the release of iOS 15.0.1. So being a .x.2 release it brings bug fixes to iOS 15 and most likely also some security fixes. Some of the bug fixes are issue with Airtags, some CarPlay issues, deleted photos saved from Messages etc. As always there is concern if a new release has any impact on battery life, and that is why I do this test. So lets get it done !
Keen to make sure the new updates had had time to finish all indexing etc, iAppleBytes ran the test after almost a week to ensure that all variables were taken care of. With that said, the results suggest that all is well with iOS 15.0.2 and that anyone holding off updating due to battery life concerns should be good to hit the update button.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.0.2 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.0.2 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 15.0.2 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.