If you’re finding that you keep receiving fake calendar alerts for entries that aren’t yours and include scams, you aren’t alone. It’s something that’s been happening for a while. But there’s a fix and we’re going to show you how to use it.
The problem stems from the fact that people can subscribe you to calendars without your approval. All they need is your email address and if they have it they can then begin adding events to your iPhone calendar without you knowing or giving them permission. And considering how many security breaches have likely shared your email address online, it’s no surprise this is happening.
Here’s how to fix it!
Step 1: Open the Calendar app on your iPhone or iPad.
Step 2: Tap the Calendars button and find the calendar that doesn’t look familiar. Tap the ‘i’ button beside it.
Step 3: Tap Delete Calendar and then confirm the action.
That’s all there is to it! You won’t see any more notifications for that calendar. If the problem keeps cropping up, you need to go a step further and stop people from being able to add you to new calendars. Let’s do that next!
Step 1: Head to iCloud.com and sign in using your Apple ID. Click the Calendar icon once you’re done.
Step 2: Click the gear icon to get into your calendar settings and then click Preferences.
Step 3: Click on the Advanced tap and then find the Invitations section towards the bottom.
Step 4: Select the option that enables the “Email to xyz” option and click Save.
That should stop everything in its tracks for good!
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.3.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.3.1 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 15.3.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.