Here’s how to enable or disable Low Data Mode for mobile data or WiFi on iOS 13 running iPhone or iPad device.
Data usage isn’t the same problem it once was, when we were all battling with low data caps and whatnot. But it’s still a concern for tons of people which is, where Apple’s new Low Data Mode comes into play.
The feature arrived with iOS 13 and allows users to tell their iPhone or iPad to be more conservative when it comes to data usage. If you really want your apps to be thrifty when it comes to data usage, this is the switch to flick.
There are some things to note, though. With Low Data Mode enabled, iCloud won’t do anything in the background. That means no app updates, no photo syncing, and no Apple News. Although we can’t imagine the latter is a concern for many.
You’ll also notice that apps won’t be allowed to refresh their data in the background, and FaceTime calls aren’t as crispy as they normally would be. The same goes for streaming video, too.
How To Enable Or Disable Low Data Mode For 4G/LTE
If that all sounds good to you, enabling or disabling Low Data Mode is super-simple.
Step 1: Open the Settings app and go to Cellular Data > Cellular Data Options.
Step 2: Enable or Disable Low Data Mode.
How To Enable Or Disable Low Data Mode For WiFi
If you want to be able to control the data throughput on WiFi, too, that’s not a problem.
Step 1: Open Settings and go to Wi-Fi.
Step 2: Tap the name of your WiFi network.
Step 3: Enable or Disable Low Data Mode.
And that’s all there is to it. Simple, right?
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.2 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Released
- Jailbreak iOS 13.1.3 Update: Security Content Fixes, Patches Detailed By Apple
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.3 / iPadOS 13.1.3 To iOS 13.1.2, Here’s How
- Checkra1n iOS 13.1.2 Jailbreak Based On checkm8 Exploit ‘Announced’
- Download: iOS 13.1.3 / iPadOS 13.1.3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- Pixel 4 Face Unlock Works Even With Eyes Closed, Google Confirms