Here’s a guide covering how to downgrade iOS 13.1.3 and iPadOS 13.1.3 to iOS 13.1.2 and iPadOS 13.1.2.
Apple continues its breakneck rate of releasing iOS and iPadOS updates with the release of iOS 13.1.3 and iPadOS 13.1.3. The updates include many fixes and we’d say that there are many more still to come in future updates. Apple has its work cut out to get iPhone and iPad all ironed out after the mess that was iOS 13 and iPadOS 13.1, but we digress.
If you find yourself in a situation where you want or need to downgrade to an earlier version, here are the steps you can follow to do exactly that.
Step 1: Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your PC. On a Mac, you don’t need to worry with Catalina – there’s no iTunes anymore. If you’re using an older version of macOS, update iTunes first. You’ll also need to download the IPSW file for iOS 13.1.2.
Step 2: Next you’ll need to make sure you disable Find My iPhone / iPad. To do that go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone / iPad and then flick the switch. You’ll be asked to enter your Apple ID password.
Step 3: Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer. iTunes probably opened all on its own, but you can start it manually if needed. You also have to put your device into DFU mode. We’ve covered that before in the guides below.
- iPhone 8 / 8 Plus, iPhone X / XR / XS / XS Max / 11 / 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max, or 2018 iPad Pro owners can follow this guide.
- iPhone 7 / 7 Plus owners: Enter DFU Mode On iPhone 7 Or iPhone 7 Plus, Here’s How
- If you have an iPhone 6s / 6s Plus or any other iPad, then follow the instructions here.
Step 4: Once your device is in DFU mode, iTunes / Finder will ask if you want to get things started.
Step 5: Press and hold the Option key on a Mac or the Shift key on a PC and click the Restore option. Now you’ll be asked which IPSW file you want to use – select it from wherever you saved it to earlier.
Step 6: Now iTunes / Finder will get to work. Once your iPhone or iPad has restarted a couple of times, you’ll be back up and running. Welcome to iOS 13.1.2 or iPadOS 13.1.2 – or whatever version you decided to go for!
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 13.1.3 Update: Security Content Fixes, Patches Detailed By Apple
- Checkra1n iOS 13.1.2 Jailbreak Based On checkm8 Exploit ‘Announced’
- Download: iOS 13.2 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.2 Beta 2 Released
- Download: iOS 13.1.3 / iPadOS 13.1.3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 To iOS 13.1.1 / 13.1 / 13.0 / 12.1.4, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.