Apple released iOS 13.1.3 and iPadOS 13.1.3 earlier today and while it took us all by surprise, it’s an update that was needed. We’ve already run through the changes and bug fixes of the update here, but there’s something else you need to know about.
Apple doesn’t usually make a big song and dance about security fixes because it doesn’t want to draw attention to the fact that the holes were there in the first place. But it does more often than not update its support documentation with details on what’s changed, but with this update it’s a bit different.
Apple hasn’t published details on any security patches it may have patched in iOS 13.1.3. In fact the company didn’t published any for iOS 13.1.2 either. Last time it was posted was for iOS 13.1.1. It’s likely that both iOS 13.1.3 and 13.1.2 are just bug fix updates only and they don’t include any new security patches.
What this means is that the changes as far as security goes is same as it was in iOS 13.1.1, which according to Apple, patched an issue which could allow third-party app extensions to “not receive the correct sandbox restrictions.” This might just be good news for jailbreakers.
It’s likely that this is the same security bug we spoke about few weeks back, where some third-party keyboards were provided full access even after a user had declined it. Apple said at the time that its own keyboard wasn’t impacted, nor were any that didn’t request the additional access at all.
Apple’s release of iOS 13.1.3 and iPadOS 13.1.3 comes just days after the last update. Some iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro features will require yet another iOS software update including Deep Fusion, which will be part of iOS 13.2 – which is currently in its beta cycle with developers and public testers.
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n iOS 13.1.2 Jailbreak Based On checkm8 Exploit ‘Announced’
- Download: iOS 13.2 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.2 Beta 2 Released
- Download: iOS 13.1.3 / iPadOS 13.1.3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 To iOS 13.1.1 / 13.1 / 13.0 / 12.1.4, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.