Jailbreak iOS 13.1.2 on iPhone X and SE might soon be possible thanks to this demo shown using checkm8 exploit. Here are the details.
Hacker qwertyoruiop has shared a video clip of an iPhone SE and iPhone X being booted using the checkm8 exploit. The iPhone SE is running iOS 13.1.2 while the iPhone X is running iOS 12.4.
The video shows the two devices booting along with a pretty snazzy looking boot sequence. qwertyoruiop says that both devices are jailbroken, but that there are still some bugs to be worked out before anything is ready to be made available to anyone.
The arrival of the checkm8 exploit was one that was expected to give rise to new jailbreaks when it was shared last month. It’s one that cannot be patched by an iOS update because it happens at the bootrom level. The downside of that is that jailbreaks won’t be persistent and will instead be tethered – devices will need to be connected to a computer and re-jailbroken every time they are restarted.
When checkm8 was shared by axi0mx last month, they pointed out it wasn’t a full jailbreak, but rather an exploit. But it was only going to be a matter of time before it was used in a jailbreak.
What I am releasing today is not a full jailbreak with Cydia, just an exploit. Researchers and developers can use it to dump SecureROM, decrypt keybags with AES engine, and demote the device to enable JTAG. You still need additional hardware and software to use JTAG.
We now appear to be closer to that happening than ever.
demo of booting two devices (SE on 13.1.2 and X on 12.4) with checkm8-iousb. all patches are being done dynamically and it works across most devices/versions across 12 and 13 pic.twitter.com/xJEoq3h3WE
— qwertyoruiop (@qwertyoruiopz) October 9, 2019
(Source: qwertyoruiop [Twitter])
You may also like to check out:
- macOS 10.15 Catalina Compatibility: Full List Of Compatible Macs
- Download: iOS 13.2 / iPadOS 13.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Released
- iOS 13.2 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 To iOS 13.1.1 / 13.1 / 13.0 / 12.1.4, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13.1 Jailbreak Update: Security Content Fixes And Patches Detailed By Apple