Logitech has announced that it is rolling out HomeKit Secure Video support to its Circle 2 Wired security cameras. The cameras were already popular but adding HomeKit Secure Video support will clearly help will surely cement its position as currently they are the only ones available on sale in market with this feature enabled.
Apple announced HomeKit Secure Video back in June during WWDC and Logitech followed that by saying the update to its existing devices would arrive “later this year.” That time has now come.
The current HomeKit Secure Video support for the wired Circle 2 is currently available via a beta firmware update. If you want to take it for a spin yourself, here’s how to do just that.
Step 1: Open the Logitech Circle app and tap Settings.
Step 2: Tap Smart Home Integrations.
Step 3: Tap Apple HomeKit.
Step 4: A list of your cameras will be displayed. Tap (Beta) Convert to support HomeKit Secure Video and follow the instructions on-screen.
Once the process is complete, you’ll be able to use iCloud as the secure storage for video recorded by your cameras.
Any video that is recorded will be available free for ten days and you need to have the 200GB or 3TB iCloud storage plan in order to use HomeKit Secure Video. However, recorded video doesn’t count against your plan.
Without doubt, the biggest advantage of using iCloud storage is the added privacy. Apple made a big deal of that factor during the feature’s WWDC unveiling.
With HomeKit Secure Video, activity detected by supported cameras is privately analyzed by your home hub using on‑device intelligence to determine if people, pets, or cars are present. When important activity is detected, you and anyone you share your Home app with will receive a rich notification that lets you view the clip right from the Lock Screen.
Other cameras and manufacturers will be adding support for HomeKit Secure Video in the future, too.
If you haven’t grabbed one yet, you can do so now from here:
Buy: Logitech Circle 2 (wired) from Amazon: $124 | Original price: $179
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.3 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update File Along With iPadOS 13.3 Beta 2 Released
- Download: iOS 13.2.2 / iPadOS 13.2.2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- Jailbreak iOS 13.2.2 Using Checkra1n On Mac, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Download Checkra1n iOS 13 Jailbreak IPA For iOS 13.2.2 On Mac [0.9 beta]
- Checkra1n Windows Download Release Date: Here’s How To Jailbreak Now
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Fix Cydia Crashing On Checkra1n iOS 13 Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Gold iPhone 11 Pro Max: Case, Lightning Cable, Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, More
- Red iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Yellow iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Qi Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Purple iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Qi USB Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Green iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Qi USB Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Midnight Green iPhone 11 Pro Max: Case, Lightning Cable, Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, More
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak