Here’s how to downgrade iOS 13.4.1 / iPadOS 13.4.1 to iOS 13.3.1 / iPadOS 13.3.1 for checkra1n jailbreak on your compatible iPhone or iPad device. If you have inadvertently upgraded to Apple’s latest iOS/iPadOS release but want to liberate your device, then you will need to follow this process while you still can.
If you want to go through this process, then you will need your iPhone or iPad, a PC or Mac and a USB cable with which to connect the device to the aforementioned PC or Mac.
Step 1: First and foremost, before you start anything, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. If you have a Mac running macOS Catalina, then you don’t need to worry as iTunes no longer exists and the functionality is built directly into Finder. For other operating systems or earlier versions of macOS, ensure that iTunes is up-to-date.
Step 2: You will also need to be in possession of the IPSW file for iOS 13.3.1 or iPadOS 13.3.1 compiled for your specific device. You can grab that from here.
Step 3: Now, you need to ensure that you turn off the Find My service on your iPhone or iPad. Go to Settings > iCloud > Find My and then flick the Find My iPhone / iPad switch into the Off position. When asked, provide the correct password for the Apple ID that you are signed in with.
Step 4: Connect the iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac with the USB cable that we mentioned earlier. Make sure iTunes or the Finder window (macOS Catalina) is open and then you will need to put your device into DFU mode. If you do not know what DFU mode is, or just need a little guidance, then check out the information below before continuing:
- iPhone 8 / 8 Plus, iPhone X / XR / XS / XS Max / 11 / 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max, or 2018 iPad Pro owners can follow this guide.
- iPhone 7 / 7 Plus owners: Enter DFU Mode On iPhone 7 Or iPhone 7 Plus, Here’s How
- If you have an iPhone 6s / 6s Plus or any other iPad, then follow the instructions here.
Step 5: With your device in DFU mode, you will be prompted by iTunes or Finder to start the full process. Next, press and hold the Option key on a Mac or the Shift key on a PC, and click the Restore iPhone/iPad option that shows up in iTunes or Finder.
Step 6: You will then be asked to select the IPSW file for iOS 13.3.1 or iPadOS 13.3.1 that you downloaded earlier on. This will, of course, be as simple as selecting the saved file from your PC or Mac.
Step 7: The iPhone or iPad may reboot a few times during the process but this is entirely normal so don’t panic. When the whole process has finished, you will be left with an iPhone or iPad running iOS 13.3.1 or iPadOS 13.3.1 and in a position to be paired with the latest checkra1n jailbreak.
Now that you are back on iOS 13.3.1 / iPadOS 13.3.1, you are therefore able to jailbreak with the currently available version of the checkm8-based jailbreak tool.
For a step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 13.3.1, you can check out our video tutorial below:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.4.5 Beta 1 Released
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4.1 Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4.1 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak