Apple announced a set of art walks that would make use of augmented reality last month and now the first of those will get underway Saturday. The experiences, called [AR]T Walks will be available in San Francisco, New York, Paris, Hong Kong, London, and Tokyo.
Apple is working with the New Museum in New York to create an AR art experience that people will be able to enjoy. Hosted walking doors will be free and available to all. Each one will start out at an Apple Store with the art work in-place. Art pieces have been provided buy artists that were chosen by the New Museum and include Nick Cave, Nathalie Djurberg, Hans Berg, Cao Fei, Carsten Höller, Pipilotti Rist and John Giorno.
Those who take part will be provided an iPhone and a set of headphones for use during the walk. If you want to use AirPods, then you’ll need to bring your own – Apple won’t be handing AirPods out for people to use for obvious reasons. Each of the walks will last around 1.5 miles, so make sure you’re down for that before signing up.
Anyone who does want to take part can put their name down for the walks on Apple’s website, too. There is also more information on the artists and the art being shown on Apple’s Today at Apple web page.
Apple continues to push its AR chops and is even said to be working on a new AR headset, too.
You may also like to check out:
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- iOS 13 Beta 6 Profile File Download Without Developer Account On Your iPhone Or iPad
- Download iOS 13 Beta 6 IPSW Links And OTA Profile Update
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]