Since the current version of Redsn0w reportedly has issues (breaks phone app, Cydia doesn’t work) jailbreaking iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 (final version), you can use this bundle with PwnageTool to jailbreak your iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 while preserving your baseband so that you can unlock your phone later with Ultrasn0w.
Guide for patching PwnageTool with Pwnage bundle is similar to the iOS 4.2 guide posted here, or the iOS 4.0 guide posted here. You can follow those guides to patch PwnageTool 4.01 so that it can identify iOS 4.1 for iPhone 3G.
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 3G / 2G, and iPad 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Unlock iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak (PwnageTool, Redsn0w), Unlock and Downgrade iOS 4.0.2 [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w, Ultrasn0w, PwnageTool, GreenPois0n, and, SHAtter [Downgrade]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.2 with PwnageTool and Sn0wbreeze [Downgrade]