iPhone Dev Team hacker MuscleNerd has confirmed that an updated version of PwnageTool for Mac is slated for release this Sunday.
This upcoming version of PwnageTool will be based on Geohot’s Limera1n bootrom exploit. It will allow you to jailbreak your iPhone on iOS 4.1 with a custom firmware that won’t change your phone’s baseband. This will, consequently, allow you to use Ultrasn0w to unlock the phone and use it with a carrier of your choice.
Developer iH8sn0w previously confirmed that Sn0wbreeze 2.1 (think: PwnageTool for Windows) will be pushed out a few days after PwnageTool is released. So, keeping that in mind, the next version of Sn0wbreeze should come some time after Sunday.
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 3G / 2G, and iPad 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Unlock iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak (PwnageTool, Redsn0w), Unlock and Downgrade iOS 4.0.2 [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w, Ultrasn0w, PwnageTool, GreenPois0n, and, SHAtter [Downgrade]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.2 with PwnageTool, Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze [Downgrade]