iOS 4.0.1 has been released for iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G. While the iPhone 4 and 3GS users will have to wait for a new jailbreak tool, iPhone 3G can go ahead and jailbreak their phone on iOS 4.0.1 using Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5. Again, this is strictly for iPhone 3G only. All other iOS based devices will be jailbreakable once Comex releases his new jailbreak tool.
Step 1: Download iOS 4.0.1 for your version of iPhone. Download links are posted here.
Step 4: Now select “Install Cydia” and click “Next”.
Step 5: Now make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer before you click “Next”.
Step 6: Connect your device in recovery mode by pressing the Power and buttons continuously.
At this stage you will be presented with a screen where you will have to quickly hold “Power” button and then while holding the “Power” button, you will now have to hold “Home” button too. Now after few seconds release “Power” button but keep holding “Home” button until installation begins.
Step 7: Sit back and enjoy while redsn0w will do all the rest for you. Once done, your iPhone and/or iPod touch will restart automatically and you will find it jailbroken on the latest iOS 4.0.1 firmware.
How to Unlock 05.13.04, 05.12.01 to 04.26.08 on iOS 4.0.1 Using Ultrasn0w
Disclaimer: This guide is for testing & educational purposes only. I’m not responsible for any loss of important data or malfunctioning of your iPhone.
You may also like to check out:
- The iPhone 4 has been Unlocked ! [Video]
- Unlocked iPhone 4 Available in UK, France and Canada
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w [Downgrade]
- How to Unlock iOS 4 with Ultrasn0w and Blacksn0w on 05.13.04 Baseband [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G using Redsn0w, PwnageTool 4.0 (Windows)